Are After Hours Events at Disney World Worth It?
What are After Hours Events?
After Hours events are a special ticketed event that allows attendees to visit the parks after regular hours. If you buy an After Hours only ticket, you do not get access to the park all day, only for the time stated on the ticket (it varies but is usually 2-3 hours before the official event starts). They do not happen every day and Disney World just released the dates for 2026.
Pros to After Hours Events
The parks are definitely less busy after the official start time, even starting to thin out after any evening shows (like fireworks). I attended a Magic Kingdom's After Hours last year and managed to do 7 rides, including Tron in less than 4 hours. For Magic Kingdom, there was also a second fireworks show that happened at 11pm, so I accomplished a lot, seeing two different fireworks show, plus 7 rides (including Tron and Mine Train), plus shopping and treats in about 4.5 hours (I could have stayed longer but I think I had already done 10K steps just after 8pm). At Magic Kingdom, free popcorn and Mickey-shaped ice cream was also included.
Cons to After Hours Events
When you compare the cost of the After Hours ticket to the cost of the regular park admission, it's about the same price depending on the day (with dynamic pricing) for a much shorter time in the park (around 6 hours). It also might not work if you have folks in your group that can't stay up late. It also means getting back to your hotel room around 2am (if you maximize your time) which can impact your next day. Another consideration is light, if you're going in the summer, this won't be as much of a problem but when I went in January, it was already fully dark out so the types of photos I could take was very limited.
So Is It Worth It?
For me, it was 100% worth it. I was travelling to Orlando for work so it was the only time I could have made it to the park. It was also significantly less busy and I was able to get onto several rides with short or no waits. I could have made it onto more rides if I wanted to but I got on the ones that were a priority for me. I wouldn't suggest doing it after a full park day, because then you're really only paying for an extra 2.5-3 hours for the price of a park ticket. If you do want to do it, make it the only way you see the park, you should be able to accomplish what you want within that time.
Have you been to an After Hours event? Did you think it was worth it?
Comments
Post a Comment